CCEA gives nod to extend PDS Kerosene, Domestic LPG Subsidy Scheme and Freight Subsidy Scheme
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its nod to extend the PDS Kerosene and Domestic LPG Subsidy Scheme, 2002 for a period of one year that is up to 31st March, 2015.
This decision was taken by CCEA meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- CCEA also gave its nod to extend Freight Subsidy Scheme, 2002 which is for far-flung areas for the same period.
- This extension comes after both the schemes ended on 31 March, 2014 and to help Oil Marketing Companies to reduce its under-recovery.
- Under the PDS Kerosene and Domestic LPG Subsidy Scheme, Union Government was providing a subsidy 82 paise per litre on PDS Kerosene and 22 rupees 58 paise per 14.2 kg. LPG cylinder.
Other decision taken by CCEA
- CCEA also approved six projects in the 5 States under various phases of National Highways Development Project. The 5 states are Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
- These approved projects are of a total length of 712 kilometres and will cost around 12,646 crore rupees. Union Government is going borne the expenditure incurred on these projects.
- Approved projects will convert the existing two-laning highway projects into high quality four-laning highway projects.
- These projects seek to catalyze the economic development in these regions along the corridors of these highways.
Categories: Governance & Politics