CCHFW – Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare
The 13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare. The conference is to be held for one and half days on various issues in seven sessions.
About the Conference
The purpose of the conference is to build a consensus on National wealth priorities. It includes Universal Health Coverage through various flagship programs like Ayushman Bharat, National Control of Tuberculosis Program, National Nutrition Mission, etc. The conference also aims to promote steps towards the target of National Health Policy 2017, that is, to allocate 2.5% of GDP to health by 2025.
- The conference is to be conducted on 4 pillars of healthcare namely
- Universal Health Coverage
- Mission mode interventions
- Quality and accessible affordable healthcare services
- Adequate Infrastructure
- At the inaugural function the Union Health Minister Dr Harsha Varshan released the following reports
- National Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy Survey India (2015 – 19)
- Report on National Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy survey India (2015 – 19)
- The minister also unveiled leaflets on Suicide Prevention marking the World Mental Health Day
- The following guidelines were released
- Guidelines on Drugs and Diagnostic Service Initiative
- Guidelines for Biomedical Equipment Management and Maintenance Program
- Guidelines for Peritoneal Dialysis under Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Program.
- SUMAN – Surakshit Matritva Aashwasam – A new initiative for zero preventable maternal and new born deaths was launched.
Issues included in the agenda of the conference
- Strengthening National Health Mission
- Control programs for TB, Vector Borne diseases, Leprosy, Viral Hepatitis
- National AIDS program
- Reproductive health
- Cardio – vascular diseases, Non – communicable diseases
- Regulation in medical education
- National Organ Transplant program
- Clinical establishment acts