CCSHAU selected for Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Award 2015
Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (CCSHAU) has been selected for the prestigious Mahindra Samridhi India Agri Award 2015.
CCSHAU was selected for this year’s award for
- Its contribution in increasing agriculture productivity, rural prosperity and agriculture development of Haryana.
- Developing two single cross maize hybrids HM-12 and HM-13 and a wheat variety WH-1105 under the innovative farming technology in year 2014. These hybrids are high yielding, disease resistant and environment friendly and capable of reducing the cost of cultivation.
About Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (CCSHAU)
- CCSHAU is state university established under Haryana and Punjab Agricultural Universities Act, 1970 and named after India’s 7th Prime Minister, Chaudhary Charan Singh.
- Since its formation CCSHAU had played pivotal role in Green Revolution and White Revolution in India.
- Prior to formation of Haryana state, it was a satellite campus of Punjab Agricultural University. But after formation of Haryana it was declared as an autonomous institution.
- In 1991 it was renamed as Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University.
- In 1997, university was awarded Indian Council of Agricultural Research’s Award for the Best Institute.
About Mahindra Samridhi India Agri Award
- It was instituted in 2010 by multinational automobile manufacturing corporation Mahindra & Mahindra.
- Its sole objective is to commend the purposeful contributions that made a difference in the field of agriculture to increase productivity and enhance rural prosperity.
Categories: Awards & Honours