Colombian film Embrace of The Serpent adjudged best film of 46th IFFI
Colombian film ‘Embrace of The Serpent’ has been adjudged as the best film of the 46th International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
Directed Ciro Guerra of Embrace of The Serpent was bestowed with the Golden Peacock award and the cash prize of 40 lakh rupees.
- The Best Director award: Peter Greenway for the Netherlands film ‘Eisenstein in Guanajuato.
- The Best male actor award: Vincent Lindon for the France film ‘The Measure of a Man’.
- The Best Female actor award: five Female actress for their roles in the Turkey Film ‘Mustang’.
- Special Jury Award: Julia Vargas for his film ‘Sealed Cargo’.
- The ICFT-UNESCO Fellini Award: Kaushik Ganguly’s Bengali film ‘Cinemawala’.
About International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
- IFFI was founded in 1952 and is held annually in Goa.
- It is the biggest state-backed film festival and conducted jointly by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Directorate of Film Festivals and Government of Goa.
- This film festival aims at providing a common platform for the cinemas of the world to project the excellence of the film art.
- It seeks to contribute to create awareness for understanding and appreciation of film cultures of different nations in the context of their social and cultural ethos and promote friendship and cooperation among people of the world.
Categories: Awards Current Affairs 2017