US comedian Garry Shandling passes away
Legendary US writer, actor, and comedian Garry Shandling passed away in Los Angeles due to heart attack. He was 66.
He has influenced a generation of comedians with his Emmy Award winning TV series, ‘It’s Garry Shandling’s Show’.
About Garry Shandling
- Shandling’s had started his career as a writer in the 1970’s television show Sanford and Son.
- He was known for breaking the fourth wall and speaking directly to the audience in his show which was aired from 1986 to 1990.
- From 1992 to 1998, he starred in the critically acclaimed Larry Sanders Show.
- He had served as host of the Grammy Awards for 4 times and as host of the Emmy Awards for 3 times.
- He also had acted in movies like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 2, Dr Dolittle, Over the Hedge and Zoolander.
- Awards and Honours: He was nominated for 19 Primetime Emmy Awards and 2 Golden Globe Awards, along with many other awards and nominations.