Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014 passed in Lok Sabha
The Lok Sabha has passed the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014. It was passed by a voice vote. The Bill seeks to amend the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 and the Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Castes Order, 1978.
- The bill includes certain communities in the list of Scheduled Castes from Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Tripura. They are
- Kerala: Pulluvan, Thachar (other than ‘Carpenter’).
- Madhya Pradesh:
- Odisha: Amata, Amath, Bajia, Jaggili, Jagli, Buna Pano.
- Tripura: Chamar-Rohidas, Chamar-Ravidas, Dhobi, Jhalo-Malo.
- This amendment Bill removes a Majhi (Nepali) community from the list of Scheduled Castes in Sikkim.
Categories: Bills & Acts