Core Industrial Output increased in February
The output from the eight core sectors which include coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity witnessed a growth of 2.1 per cent in February, compared to the corresponding month last year as per the data from the Ministry of Commerce and Industries.
How Core Industries Performed?
- The production of cement (weight: 5.37%) grew at 8%, the most of all core industries.
- Coal (weight: 10.33%) production rose by 7.3%.
- Crude oil (weight: 8.98%) output increased by 6.1%.
- Steel production (weight: 17.92%) increased by 4.9%.
- Natural gas (weight: 6.88%) production increased by 3.8%.
- Fertilisers (weight: 2.63%) production increased by 2.5%.
- Electricity production increased by 0.7%.
- The output of refinery products (weight: 28.04%) declined by 0.8% in February.
The combined Index of Eight Core Industries stood at 125.8 in February 2019 and it was 2.1 per cent higher as compared to the index of February 2018. The cumulative growth of the core industries during April to February 2018-19 was 4.3 per cent.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking