Cricketer Zaheer Khan announces retirement from International cricket
One of India’s greatest fast bowlers Zaheer Khan has announced his retirement from international cricket with an immediate effect.
He cited reason that he could no longer handle the rigours of the game and is looking forward to signing off his last season in domestic cricket after conclusion of the IPL season 9.
Zaheer Khan’s International cricket career
- Test matches: He had played in 92 Test matches and was left-arm pacer. He had taken 311 wickets. He is 4th highest wicket-taker in India after Anil Kumble (619), Kapil Dev (434) and Harbhajan Singh (417).
- One Day Internationals (ODIs): He had played in 200 ODIs and had taken 282 wickets.
- T-20 Internationals: He had played in T-20 Internationals and had taken 17 wickets.
- He had played a major role in India’s 2011 World Cup triumph by taking 21 wickets.
- Since 2011, he was moving in and out of the Indian International team due to recurrent injuries which took a toll on his body.
Categories: Sports & Games