Delhi Assembly passes Delhi Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services Amendment Bill, 2015
Delhi Assembly Delhi (Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services) Amendment Bill, 2015 aimed at providing citizens with time bound delivery of Government services.
The bill amends Delhi (Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services) Act, 2011.
Key provisions of Amendment Bill
- Seeks to make the life of common man hassle free by providing services in a time bound manner.
- Ensure mandatory and automatic compensation for citizens if government services are not provided to them in time.
- Mandatory for each government department, local body and public authority will issue a ‘Citizen’s Charter’.
- They would set out in detail the time stipulated for provision of citizen-related services and the officer responsible for providing it.
- Imposes penalty on officials for delay in providing services.
Categories: Bills & Acts