DIPP announces States’ Startup Ranking 2018
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry released the first ever States’ Startup Ranking 2018 on 20th December 2018 in New Delhi. As per Startup Ranking 2018, the state of Gujarat is the best-performing state in the country for the Startups. Total 27 States and 3 UTs took part in this exercise.
The states have been ranked across various categories in the ranking which includes categories like Start-up policy leaders, incubation hubs, seeding innovation, scaling innovation, regulatory change champions, procurement leaders, communication champions, North-Eastern leader, and hill state leader. Gujarat’s score was better than all other states in all the identified categories.
Results of States’ Startup Ranking 2018
- Gujarat was ranked as the Best Performer
- Karnataka, Kerala, Odisha, and Rajasthan were judged as Top Performers.
- Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Telangana were ranked as Leaders.
- Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal were ranked as Aspiring Leaders.
- Assam, Delhi, Goa, Jammu & Kashmir, Maharashtra, Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand were judged as Emerging States.
- Chandigarh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Sikkim, and Tripura were ranked as Beginners.
The primary objective of this ranking is to encourage States and UTS to work towards strengthening of Startup ecosystems in their region. Also, it seeks to create a healthy competition among States and will result in the promotion of Startup culture.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking