Donald Trump elected as 45th President of United States
Real estate mogul-turned politician and Republican Party candidate Donald Trump (70) was elected as 45th President of United States of America (USA).
He will be the first President of USA without political experience since Dwight D. Eisenhower (34th President). Besides, he will oldest first term President of USA.
He will succeed Barack Obama and is scheduled to take office as the President of the USA on 20 January 2017.
In the 2016 Presidential elections, Donald Trump gained 48% of the votes and 279 votes in the Electoral College to defeat Democrat Party opponent Hillary Clinton who gained 47% votes. Hillary Clinton had created history in this election by becoming the first woman to top the presidential ticket of a major US political party.
About Donald Trump
- Born as Donald John Trump on June 14, 1946 in New York City, New York, United States.
- He is the chairman and president of Trump Organisation, a principal holding company for his real estate ventures and other business interests.
- He had joined his father’s company in 1968 after graduating in economics from University of Pennsylvania. In 1971, he took control of company and renamed it Trump Organisation.
- As of 2016, Forbes Magazine had listed him as the 324th wealthiest person in the world and 156th in the US.
- From 1996 until 2015, Trump owned part or all of the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA beauty pageants. In 1987, he had released his book Trump: The Art of the Deal.