Dr. Marco Lambertini: New Director-General of WWF International
Dr. Marco Lambertini appointed as the Director General of World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) International. He will begin his new role with the global conservation organization on May 1, 2014.
Dr. Marco Lambertini
- At present, he is the chief executive of Bird Life International.
- Holds an experience of 25 years as a global conservation leader.
- Began his association with WWF as a youth volunteer growing up in his native Italy.
About World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
- An international non-governmental organization working on issues regarding the conservation, research and restoration of the environment.
- Founded: April 29, 1961.
- Headquarters: Gland, Vaud, Switzerland.
- Mission: To stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
- Focus: On the conservation of three biomes that contain most of the world’s biodiversity: oceans and coasts, forests, and freshwater ecosystems.
- Also concerned with endangered species, pollution and climate change.