Dr. Mohan Kumar appointed as new Ambassador to France
Senior diplomat Dr. Mohan Kumar has been appointed the India’s next Ambassador to France.
He will succeed Arun Kumar who was recently appointed Ambassador to the United States.
About Mohan Kumar
- Mohan Kumar is a 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer.
- Prior to this appointment, he was serving as Ambassador of India to Bahrain.
- He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) and a doctorate (PhD) from the reputed Sciences Po University in Paris.
- In his over 30 years IFS career, he had served at various posts and had handled variety of interesting and challenging assignments.
- Mohan Kumar had served Deputy High Commissioner at the Indian Diplomatic Mission in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2001.
- He also has served as Deputy Chief of Mission at the Indian Embassy in Paris for 3 years.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017