Dr.Nandita Chatterjee takes charge as Secretary in Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation
Dr.Nandita Chatterjee has taken charge as the new Secretary in the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA).
She will succeed Anita Agnihotri who was transferred to the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment in recent secretary-level bureaucratic reshuffle.
Prior to this appointment Dr.Nandita Chatterjee was a Member-Secretary of National Commission for Women (NCW).
- Nandita Chatterjee is an IAS Officer of 1980 batch and belongs to West Bengal Cadre.
- She holds Master’s degree in Economics and Masters in Development Economics. She also holds Doctoral Degree in Sociology and Anthropology.
- At National level, she had served in the Union Government for the Ministries of Rural Development and Environment & Forests.
- At International level, she had served in the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and World Health Organisation (WHO) for over six years.
- Her last international assignment was in Afghanistan as Capacity Development Advisor, UNDP.
Categories: Persons in News
Tags: Anita Agnihotri • Current Affairs 2016 • Dr.Nandita Chatterjee • Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) • National Commission for Women (NCW) • United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) • World Health Organisation (WHO)