DRDO inks MoU with IIT Delhi to establish JATC
The Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) has signed a MoU with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi to establish a Joint Advanced Technology Centre (JATC).
The JATC will be located in the campus of IIT Delhi at the upcoming Science and Technology Park (Mini-Science Park ‘MSP’).
- The objective of JATC is to undertake and facilitate multi-disciplinary directed basic and applied research in the jointly identified research verticals.
- The JATC will enable Directed, Basic & Applied Research and will engage with premier research institutes through multi-institutional collaboration.
- DRDO will support JATC in equipping it with advanced and unique research facilities to enable the faculty and scholars to conduct advanced research.
- The researchers will get the opportunity to work in advanced areas of research such as Advanced Materials for Ballistic Protection, Advanced Electromagnetic Devices and Terahertz Technologies, Advanced Mathematical Modelling and Simulation, Smart & Intelligent Textile Technologies, Brain Computer Interface and Brain Machine Intelligence besides Photonic Technologies, Plasmonics and Quantum Photonics, etc.
- It will facilitate towards advanced research to utilize technology outcome in the futuristic applications.
- The focused research efforts at the JATC will help in realization of indigenous technologies the critical areas which will be used for speedy self-reliance.