EC celebrates 6th National Voters’ Day across India
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has celebrated the 6th National Voters’ Day across the country.
- Theme for year 2016 is Inclusive and Qualitative Participation.
- To mark this day, ECI has organised National level function in New Delhi in which President Pranab Mukherjee was the Chief Guest.
- Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Nasim Zaidi also released the book titled Belief in the Ballot and presented the first copy to the President.
- President also gave away Awards for Best Electoral Practices to Chief Electoral Officers, District Electoral Officers and other Officers involved in election management.
- Civil society organisations and Media houses were also given awards for best campaign in Voters’ Education and Awareness.
- National Voters’ Day was initiated in 2011 to commemorate the foundation day of the Election Commission of India (ECI).
- Significance of Day: This day marks the foundation day of ECI which came into existence on 25th January 1950.
- This day is also utilized to spread awareness among voters regarding effective participation in the electoral process.
Categories: Events & Observances