Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Parv
The Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Parv is to be inaugurated by Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank. It is organized by Kendra Vidhyalaya Sangathan under Ministry of HRD.
Highlights of the event
- The event is organized to showcase the spirit of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”. It promotes communication and artistic skills of students through various competitions
- The students will prepare their own projects and exhibits on customs, dress, agriculture, economy, climate and topography. This will act as a good platform for the children to understand the art and culture of the states.
- The event will also help the children overcome linguistic and geographical barriers and awaken a strong sense of national pride and widen their horizons with better cosmopolitan outlook.
- The regions will prepare exhibits based on theme Fit India, Swachh Bharat, Ban on Single use plastic, etc.
Kendra Vidya Sangathan
- The Kendra Vidya Sangathan is a system of central government schools that operate under Ministry of Human Resource Development
- There are over 1209 KVS in India
- It is one of the world’s largest chains of schools
- The system was begun in 1963.
- The schools are affiliated to the CBSE
- The objective is to educate the children of the Indian Defence Service personnel who are posted in remote locations. After the army begun its own Army Public schools the service was extended to the central government employees.