Ekta Diwas: PM Modi inaugurated Technology Demonstration site
PM Modi inaugurated the Technology Demonstration Site at Kevadia, Gujarat on October 31, 2019. The inauguration was a part of the National Unity Day celebrations that commemorates the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
The security personnel showcased different technologies being used by them in the event.
- The site consisted of displays of police and paramilitary forces.
- It showcased various modern technologies that included lethal and non-lethal arms
- CRPF, CISF, BSF, NSG and other State Police contingents displayed their modern technology centering on various themes like modernization of forces, aviation security, digital initiatives, etc
- The Ministry of Home Affairs introduced the initiative of “112”, one number for all emergencies
- There were also stalls that displayed gallantry medals and honors received by CRPF-Central Reserve Police Force personnel.
- There were also exhibitions by Gujarat Police showcasing Vishwas project
- The theme of CISF-Central Industrial Security Force was centered on integrating modern technology with a focus on faster and efficient facial recognition technology at airports
- The NSG-National Security Guards showcased modern security kits, remote controlled vehicles and equipment and modern weaponry.