Election Commission launches NERPAP throughout the country
Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme (NERPAP).
Objective: To bring out a totally error-free and authenticated electoral roll throughout the country.
Key facts about NERPAP
- For the authentication purpose, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) data of electors will be linked with Aadhar data.
- It also focuses to improve the image quality of electors along with sorting issues like corrections of errors.
- Facility to link Aadhar number will be provided to electors through sms, email, mobile application and National Voters Service Portal using web services through ECI website.
- Electors also can link their Aadhar number by making a call at 1950 to state call centres.
- Under NERPAP, collection and feeding of Aadhar will also be done by Electoral Registration Officer. In this regard special Camps will be organized, Voter Facilitation Centres, e-Seva centres and Citizen Service Centres. While Booth Level Officers will conduct door-to-door surveys to collect the details.
Categories: Governance & Politics