Eminent Carnatic vocalist Nookala passed away
Eminent Carnatic vocalist Nookala Chinna Satyanarayana, a recipient of Padma Bhushan, passed away.
About Nookala Chinna Satyanarayana:
Born: 1923 at Anakapalle in Andhra Pradesh, he was famously called “Mahamahopadhyaya” by his students and music lovers.
- As a child he was a prodigy with theatrical tastes.
- Learned to play violin from renowned musician Dwaram Venkataswamy Naidu.
- Later, he was influenced with Pinakapani and took up Carnatic vocal.
Honors for Nookala Chinna Satyanarayana:
- Padma Bhushan
- ‘Asthana Vidwan’ for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, Kanchi Kamakoti, Sringeri Sankara, Pushapagiri Peetham and the Ganapati Sachidananda Ashram.
- ‘Sangeetha Kala Acharya’ by the Madras Music Academy after his demonstration of ‘Pancharatna Kirtanas’ of Thyagaraja.