Eminent Odisha film maker Nirad Mahapatra passes away
Eminent filmmaker from Odisha Nirad Mahapatra passed away in Mumbai. He was 67.
As a film-maker, he was best-known for his cultural, ecological and industrial documentaries.
About Nirad Mahapatra
- Nirad Mahapatra was born on born 12 November 1947 in Bhadrak, Balasore district of Odisha Odisha.
- He was an alumni of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune.
- Mahapatra was lecturer at FTII from 1972-1974 and had taught acclaimed directors like Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Saeed Mirza and Ketan Mehta. He was also in the Board of Directors of FTII.
- He made into international fame with his very first film Maya Miriga. In 1984 the film had won a Rajat Kamal at the National Film Awards. Later it won a special jury award at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In his film maker career, he made several exceptional documentaries and won many awards.
Categories: Persons in News 2017