Eminent Tamil Lyricist Na Muthukumar passes away
Eminent poet and lyricist Na Muthukumar passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu following an illness. He was 41.
He was known for his critically acclaimed literary work and Tamil film songs. He also had won two national awards.
About Na Muthukumar
- Born on 12 July 1975 in Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu.
- He had entered the film industry with a dream of becoming a director and had worked as an associate for Balumahendra.
- But his knowledge in Tamil language and literature led him to the area of song-writing. He had first wrote songs for director Seeman’s film Veeranadai
- He has written more than 1,000 lyrics in various movies and also penned novel “Silk City” in Tamil.
- Awards and Honours: He had won two national awards for his lyrics “Anandha Yazhai Meetukirazh” in “Thanga Meenkazh” and “Azhagae Azhagae” in “Saivam”.