Eminent writer C Radhakrishnan wins Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016
Eminent writer C Radhakrishnan was selected for the prestigious Mathrubhumi Literary Award for the year 2016.
He was selected by a panel chaired by novelist M Mukundan in recognition of his contribution to the field of literature.
About C Radhakrishnan
- He is a writer and film director in Malayalam language. He was born in February 1939in Ponnani taluk in Malappuram district of Kerala.
- Currently, he is editor of Malayalam magazine Piravi. Earlier he had served as chief editor of Madhyamam daily from 1999 to 2001.
- He has directed films like Agni (1978), Kanalattam (1979), Pushyaragam (1979) and Ottayadippaathakal (1990).
- Awards and Honours: He has been bestowed with National Literary Academy of India (1989), Kerala Literary Academy (1962) etc.
About Mathrubhumi Literary Award
- Mathrubhumi Literary Award is a literary award bestowed upon writer’s for his overall contribution to the Malayalam literature.
- The award was instituted in 2001 by leading Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi. It carries sum of ₹2 lakh, a plaque and citation.