Fact Box “Anubhuti” Railway Coaches
Owing to increased popularity of Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains, there is also a demand for higher travel comfort. Thus, was felt the need for the special AC luxury class by Railway Minister and named ‘Anubhuti’ coaches. These with more facilities would be introduced in Shatabdi trains at the earliest.
Some facts about of Anubhuti coaches:
- Ticket to cost 1.5 times more than more than AC 1 executive class Class in Shatabdi.
- While AC 1 has 56 seats in Shatabdi, Anubhuti will be equipped with 50 seats.
- Ergonomically designed cushioned seats.
- Provision of LCD video screens.
- Whilst the cost of making an Executive Class coach is Rs. 2 crore, the additional cost of for an ‘Anubhuti coach’ is estimated at Rs. 30 lakh.
- Automatic doors.
- Interiors and lighting arrangements will be aesthetically designed to enhance the ambience.
- Free Internet.
- Improved catering services.
- All Shatabdis will be provided with ‘Anubhuti’ coaches in due course.
- The hiked fare for the ‘Anubhuti’ coaches may well be worth the premium.
- Such experiences could be availed eventually in the Rajdhanis, Durontos and other superfast trains.
- The Anubhuti coaches will be manufactured at Rae Bareli and Kapurthala.