Fact Box: Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)
K R Kamath re-elected as IBA’s Chairman
K R Kamath, the chairman and managing director of Punjab National Bank (PNB), has been re-elected as the Chairman of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for 2013-14 tenure.
Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)
- Established on September 26, 1946.
- It is an association of Indian banks and financial institutions. It is based in Mumbai.
- Currently represents a total of 173 banking companies which are operating in India.
- Objective: Strengthening, development and coordination of the Indian banking. It also facilitates various member banks.
- The Managing Committee of the IBA consists of a chairman, three deputy chairmen, one honorary secretary as well as 26 members.