February 12: National Productivity Day
The National Productivity Day is observed every year on February 12. Besides, February 12-18 is observed as National Productivity week throughout the country.
The main observance of day is organised by National Productivity Council (NPC) for encouraging all stakeholders in implementation of productivity tools and techniques with contemporary relevant themes.
2017 Theme of National Productivity Week: “From Waste to Profits-through Reduce, Recycle and Reuse”.
To mark this day, various workshops, essay/slogan/painting competitions, training programs, debates are organized during the week to spread the message of productivity
About National Productivity Council (NPC)
- NPC is a national level autonomous organization under Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry to promote productivity culture in India.
- It was established as a registered society on 12th February 1958 by the Government with aim to stimulate and promote productivity and quality consciousness across all sectors in the country.
- It is a tri-partite non-profit organization (NGO) with equal representation from government, employers and workers’ organizations.
- It also has representatives from technical and professional institutions including members from local productivity councils and chamber of commerce on its Governing Body.
- It also implements the productivity promotion schemes of Government and carry out programmes of Tokyo based Asian Productivity Organization (APO), an inter-governmental body of which India is founder member.
Categories: Events & Observances