Forbes’s 2014 billionaires list: Bill Gates reclaims title as world’s richest person
Microsoft Co-founder, Mr. Bill Gates regained the title of the world’s richest person in the Forbes 2014 billionaire list. Mr. Gates has topped the list for 15 of the last 20 years, with a net worth of $76 billion and Mexico’s telecommunications mogul Mr. Carlos Slim Helu is at second place.
As per the Forbes’ 28th annual ranking of the world’s billionaires 2014
The US leads the list of billionaires in the world with 492 billionaires, followed by China (152) and Russia (111). The list has new billionaires from Algeria, Lithuania, Tanzania and Uganda.
Total number of billionaires in the world: 1,645 with combined net worth of $6.4 trillion.
Top 5 billionaires: Mr. Bill Gates, Mr. Carlos Slim Helu, Mr. Amancio Ortega, Mr. Warren Buffett, and Mr. Larry Ellison (Oracle Corp chief).
- Highest ranked women on the list: Christy Walton (9), with a net worth of $36.7 billion and Liliane Bettencourt (11) has worth $34.5 billion.
- World’s youngest billionaire: Ms. Perenna Kei from Hong Kong.
- WhatsApp founders Jan Koum and Brian Acton join the ranks of Silicon Valley’s wealthiest for the first time.
- From Internet field: Facebook Inc founder Mark Zuckerberg (21), Amazon.com Inc’s Jeff Bezos (18) and Google Inc founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin ranked 17th and 19th.
- Business Tycoon, Mr. Mukesh Amabani: India’s richest person for the 7th year in a row. Mr. Ambani is ranked 40th globally with net worth of $18.6 billion.
- India has 56 billionaires in all with a collective net worth of $191.5 billion.
Note: The Forbes list of billionaires is an annual ranking of the world’s wealthiest people, compiled and published by the American business magazine Forbes. The list only represents each person’s valuation on a single day, due to daily fluctuations among exchange rates and stock valuations.