Forbes’s 2016 billionaires list: Bill Gates retains title as World’s Richest Person
Microsoft Co-founder, Bill Gates has retained the title of the world’s richest person in the Forbes’ 30th annual ranking of the world’s billionaires list (2016 edition).
With this, Mr. Gates has topped the list for 17 of the last 23 years, with a net worth of $75 billion. He was followed by Amancio Ortega (Italy), founder of clothing retail giant Zara was at second place with net worth of $67 billion.
As per the Forbes’ 30th annual ranking of the world’s billionaires list
- Total number of billionaires in the world: 1,810 billionaires (of them 190 are women) with their aggregate net worth of $6.48 trillion.
- The US leads the list of billionaires in the world with 540 billionaires, followed by China (251), Germany (120) and India (84).
- Top 5 billionaires: Bill Gates ($75 billion), Mr. Amancio Ortega ($67 billion), Mr. Warren Buffett ($60.8 billion), Mr. Carlos Slim Helu ($50 billion) and Jeff Bezos ($45.2 billion).
- From Internet field: Amazon.com Inc’s founder Jeff Bezos (5th rank), Facebook Inc’s Mark Zuckerberg (6th), and Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin ranked 12th and 13th.
- World’s youngest billionaire: 19 year old Norwegain Alexandra Andresen was ranked 1,476th with fortune of $1.2 billion.
- Among Indian’s: India’s richest person Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries was placed at 36th position with net fortune of $20.6 billion. He was followed by Dilip Shanghvi (44th) and Azim Premji (55th).
- 5 Indian women billionaires in the list: Savitri Jindal (453rd rank), Indu Jain (549th), Smita Crishna Godrej (810th), Leena Tiwari (1067th) and Vinod Gupta (1577th).
About Forbes’s list of billionaires
The Forbes list of billionaires is an annual ranking of the world’s wealthiest people, compiled and published by the American business magazine Forbes. The list only represents each person’s valuation on a single day, due to daily fluctuations among exchange rates and stock valuations
Categories: Persons in News