Government launch e-challan and m-parivahan apps for enforcement of traffic rules
The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched two mobile applications —e-challan and m-parivahan to provide a comprehensive digital solution for enforcement of traffic rules.
These applications will provide access to various services and information, and enable citizens to report any traffic violation or road accident.
- It is a citizen-centric app that will facilitate access to various transport-related services. It will bring convenience to citizen and transparency in the system
- It is an empowering app for the citizen which provides access to various services, information and utilities related to the transport sector.
- It will provide a virtual driving licence and registration certificates through back-end connection to the transport national register.
- It will give full details of the car and the owner, including his driving licence and registration certificate if a vehicle number is entered into the app.
- This will help check the genuineness of a vehicle’s ownership and driver. It will also help in passenger safety when hiring a driver or when buying a second-hand vehicle.
- eChallan is an integrated enforcement solution to manage traffic violations through mobile app and back-end web application, for use by the Traffic Police and Transport Enforcement Wing.
- It will help in improving transparency by connecting all stakeholders through a common system and ensuring data integrity.
- It will also help in easing operations and efficient monitoring through digitization of records and will enhance the visibility of offenders, leading to better traffic management.
Both apps also have additional common functionalities like road accident and traffic violation reporting by citizen, concept of virtual and enforceable DL/RC etc. They will also facilitate “good Samaritans” through technology.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017