Government to launch year of Bal Swachhta on 125th Birth Anniversary of Nehru
The Central Government is set to celebrate Jawaharlal Nehru’s 125th birth anniversary this year by undertaking various initiatives aimed at creating awareness of Nehru and his work. The initiatives aim to increase awareness about Nehru among the younger generation. It also aims to involve the common man in the celebrations. The government is expected to use the celebrations to further the cause of cleanliness in the country.
Events Planned to mark the celebration
Some of the initiatives announced by the Government as of now are:-
- Organising ‘Year of Bal Swachhta’
- Release of commemorative coins on Nehru
- Organising ‘Bal Swachhta Mission’ in schools across the country between November 14 and 19
- Launch of a website dedicated to Nehru
- Release of a Rs. 10 cr grant for the modernization/upgradation of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library
- Roll-out of a special grant for scholars studying Nehru
Committee for Commemoration
The initiatives for the celebration were agreed upon at a meeting of the recently reconstituted National Committee for Commemoration of the 125th birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru. The Committee headed by PM Modi also has Union ministers Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani, Shripad Naik, Arun Jaitley and Prakash Javadekar.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018