UP government launched ‘Samajwadi Pension Scheme’ for rural poor
Uttar Pradesh government launched “Samajwadi Pension Scheme” which will benefit about 40 lakh rural families living below poverty line. The new pension scheme will replace the Rani Laxmibai Pension Yojana, which will be phased out gradually. This scheme was launched by the State government in 2013-14 and, at present, there are about 25 lakh beneficiaries.
As per the new scheme
- The beneficiaries would be entitled to a monthly pension of Rs. 500 in 2014-15. The pension amount may to be raised by Rs. 50 per year in the subsequent financial years if certain conditions are fulfilled. The maximum pension limit will be Rs. 750 per month.
- Compulsory education for children in the age group of 6 to 14 years with at least 70% attendance in school.
- To get a pension hike of Rs.50, the beneficiary has to fulfill a few conditions viz. To make adult members in the family literate, immunization and regular health check up of children, etc. The performance would be reviewed at the end of the next fiscal.
Ineligible for pension under the new scheme: Families whose members are getting any other pension viz. the Old Age Pension, owns a motorized vehicle, income tax payee, government employee or employed in a private firm.
The state cabinet also gave its nod
- To modernize police stations and control room in Gautam Buddha Nagar and the project will be funded by Noida authority
- To made 1.70 lakh Shiksha Mitra (ad hoc Primary teachers) as teachers. (The Shiksha mitras are teaching in primary schools for a long time and have been demanding their regularization as teachers. They will be accommodated. The concerned department will work on modalities within 10 days).
- To the excise policy of the state in which the revenue realization would be 21.4 % more than the current fiscal.
The income limit of the OBCs hiked to Rs. 8 lakh per annum from the existing Rs. 5 lakh. Now, those have an annual income of more than Rs.8 lakh are bracketed as the “creamy layer” and were not entitled for quota benefits.
Categories: Government Schemes & Projects