Government launches GeM 3.0
The Ministry of Commerce & Industry has launched third version of the Government e-Marketplace (GeM 3.0) . The earlier version GeM 2.0 was launched as pilot project in August 2016.
GeM 3.0 will offer standardised and enriched catalogue management, powerful search engine, real time price comparison, template-based Bid and RA creation, demand aggregation, e-EMD, e-PBG, user rating, advanced MIS and analytics and more.
Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
GeM is an Online Market platform to facilitate procurement of goods and services by various Ministries and agencies of the Government. It has been envisaged as National Procurement Portal of India
It aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement of goods and services and eliminate corruption. It functions under Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D), Ministry of Commerce and Industries. It is completely paperless, cashless and system driven e-market place that enables procurement of common use goods and services with minimal human interface.
It has powerful search engine and price comparison using third party sites – multisource and real time. It has performance based User Rating and online vendor assessment (optional). It has market based-bundling and bunching of products and services. It also has multi-Cart Functionality and offers more Services with bid and RA Facility.
Benefits of GeM 3.0
- Completely transparent transactions across all ranges
- Market Based generic requirements across all government agencies
- Open and dynamic market place with rating based on performance of user on website
- Generic standards established through universal service levels and cost comparison enabled
- Standardisation of specifications of both products and services enabling empirical price comparability