Government launches TAMRA Portal and Mobile App
The Ministry of Mines has launched Transparency, Auction Monitoring and Resource Augmentation (TAMRA) Portal and Mobile Application to ensure transparent award of statutory Clearances for mining operations
The TAMRA platform was simultaneously launched across 12 mineral rich states as a part of the Ease of Doing Business in the Mining sector and to double mining contribution to GDP.
- The TAMRA covers block-wise, state-wise and mineral-wise information of mines to be auctioned. It monitors various statutory clearances and also highlights the additional resources generated through e-auction.
- It is an interactive platform to speed up mining activity by facilitating all the stakeholders to track the status of the statutory clearances associated with mining blocks.
- In case of delay in obtaining any statutory clearances, TAMRA platform will send triggers to the concerned authority so that they can take remedial steps immediately.
- The Union Ministry of Mines will also receive triggers generated by TAMRA, facilitating it in expediting clearances. Further, the status of each of the clearances will be reflected on the portal.
- The portal also enables successful bidder to give suggestions and inputs. It will help to establish a participative and informative network among all stakeholders.
Categories: Science & Tech Current Affairs