UP Government, Netherlands ink MoU for setting up skill development Center for farmers
The Uttar Pradesh government has signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the Netherlands to set up a skill development center to help farmers
The MoU was signed by Dutch Ambassador Alphonsus Stoelinga and UP Chief Secretary Deepak Singhal in presence of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
- The MoU would ensure that farmers would get information in food processing and modern techniques for better produce of sugarcane, potato, dairy development and flowers.
- The Skill Development Centre established under this MoU aims to improve the cultivation skills of farmers.
- As per the MoU, Netherlands will help Uttar Pradesh Government in solid waste management, urban development and infrastructure and water management.
- Besides it will also support Uttar Pradesh Government in water supply, cleanliness of water resources, sewage treatment, transport management and revival of water bodies.
- The MoU will be effective for 3 years and would also help in land reclamation of 1,500 acres in the Ganga basin in Kanpur and development of cultural heritage.