Government to soon put up Climate Change Adaptation Plan
The Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change announced that that Government will soon put up a Climate Change Adaptation Plan. The Minister made this announcement after inaugurating a national workshop on ‘Scaling up Good Practices for Climate Change Adaptation’ in New Delhi. Key points:
- The Minister said that Indians, especially the farming community, are very good at adaptation. Best practices from around the country should be shared.
- Every city, district and state will have to create its ownclimate change The government has already set aside Rs. 100 cr in the budget for the development of this Plan.
- The Minister said that the whole world was focusing on mitigation, but stress also has to be placed on adaptation, along with mitigation.
- The Minister stressed the importance of employment of adaptation techniques like watershed based farmer centric agro meteorology, waterbudgeting , sustainable culture and energy efficiency.
- He also highlighted the need for setting aside adequate finance and technology to meet the challenges of climate change.
Categories: Environment Current Affairs 2018