Government unveils online vigilance clearance system, e-service book
The Union Government has launched the Online Vigilance Clearance System and e-Service Book in New Delhi. It was launched by Union Minister Jitendra Singh in New Delhi.
The online system aims to fast track process of cases of vigilance clearance for senior-level appointments in central government.
- Initially, the system will be made available for board-level appointments done by Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) for Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
- Later it will be extended for senior appointments in banks and in government departments. It will reduce time taken for vigilance clearance from three months to a day or two.
- All Central Government Ministries have been asked to regularly update database of officers on the system which will act as computerized database and provide the details of officers clearly.
- It will electronically maintain service records, including leave, history of work done by employees at various departments, house building allowance and other relevant details.
- It will help in maintaining the employee’s service related records online that will result in quick processing of cases of salary (in cases of inter-departmental or inter-state transfers) or pension (in case of retirement).
- It has been started on pilot-project mode for the employees of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and soon it will be extended to other departments as well.