GST Revenue Collection Improves significantly in the month of June 2020
Rs 90,917 crore is the gross GST (Goods and Services Tax) revenue collected in the month of June 2020. The amount Rs 90,917 crores is 91 percent of GST revenue collected in the month of June in 2019.
Breakdown of GST Revenue Collection for June 2020
- Central GST (CGST): Rs 18,980 crore
- State GST (SGST): Rs 23,970 crore
- Integrated GST (IGST): Rs 40,302 crore (includes-on import of Goods Rs 15,709 crore collected)
- Cess: Rs 7,665 crore (includes-on import of goods Rs 607 crores collected)
GST Revenue Collection in First Quarter of FY 2020-21
The GST revenue collected in the first quarter of the Financial Year (FY) 2020-21 is 59 percent of the GST revenue collected during the first quarter of the 2019-20 financial year.
Apart from the economic impact experienced due to the nationwide lockdown, the GST revenue collection in the first quarter of FY 2020-21 was also affected due to the relaxations provided for filing up of GST returns and payment of taxes by the Government.
Month-wise GST Revenue Collection in First Quarter of FY 2020-21
- In April 2019 GST Revenue Collection was of Rs 113, 866 crore while in April 2020 it was 32,294 crore
- In May 2019 GST Revenue Collection was Rs 100,289 crore while in May 2020 it was Rs 62,009 crore
- In June 2019 GST Revenue Collection was Rs 99,940 crore while in June 2020 it was Rs 90,917 crore