Gujarat Government launches Smart Village program
Gujarat Government has launched Smart Village program to improve public facilities in the villages.
It was launched by Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on the occasion of completion of two years of her Government.
- Under this programme, 300 villages will be selected for Smart Village program.
- Villages will be shortlisted by the state-level committee consisting of experts on the basis of Gram Panchayat’s performance through a transparent process.
- It seeks to make villages ‘smart’ on the lines of Smart Cities that will help them become self-reliant, clean and hygienic.
- Toilets, cleanliness, drop-out rate in primary schools, malnutrition ratio, Anganwadi facilities, vaccination of children, ATVT services are some parameters on which village will be adjudged as ‘Smart Village’.
- These villages will get 80 lakh to 2 crore rupees cash assistance from the state government to improve public facilities in the villages.
Besides, CM also felicitated Sarpanchs of villages from the state which have completed 100 percent toilet targets.