Gujarat government launches Taluka Planning Atlas project
Gujarat government has launched Taluka Planning Atlas (TPA) project.
It was launched by Chief Minister Anandiben Patel at a function held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Taluka Planning Atlas (TPA) project
- This project has been undertaken by the state planning department with the help of director of Economics and Statistics, Gujarat and Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG).
- TPA aims to help the local administration in taking effective decisions about the development in respective regions.
- In this regard, TPA will provide the maps that will give precise information about the current status of various facilities and schemes.
- Under this project, an atlas of 100 maps will be compiled to showcase various facilities as well as government schemes at village level in each taluka.
- It will include precise information about facilities such as number of primary and secondary schools, health centres, dairies, cold storages, post offices, banks, etc.
- It will be implemented in phases. In the first phase, atlas for one taluka each in 33 districts will be prepared and put on state government portal Gswan.
- This atlas has used the information consisting of village profile provided by every village in state as well as taluka panchayat based on various indicators of development since 2010.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018