Gurgaon to have its ‘Rapid Metro’ from November 14, 2013
Rapid Metro will connect Delhi Metro travelers to 6 key places within Gurgaon(Haryana), where more than a lakh people work or visit every day.
About Rapid Metro (Gurgaon)
- PPP (Private Public Partnership) project between IL&FS Rail Ltd and HUDA
- Cost of project: Rs 1,100 crore
- Completion: First phase will get operational on November 14, 2013 and will cover a distance of 5.1 km. 2 more phases are planned.
- *Since, Rapid Metro timings will be in sync with Delhi Metro, so a passenger won’t have to wait for the local loop train.*
- Connecting station between Rapid Metro and Delhi Metro: Sikanderpur.
- *Delhi Metro card/token will work for the Rapid Metro as well*
- Flat fare: Rs 12
- At the end of each day, a clearinghouse system will automatically separate the revenues of Rapid Metro and DMRC.
- Starting Point: Sikanderpur
- Stations: 6 (Sikanderpur, DLF phase-II, Belvedere Towers, Gateway Tower, Moulsari Avenue, DLF Phase III