Guruprasad Mohapatra appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India
Senior IAS officer Guruprasad Mohapatra was appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI).
Prior to this appointment he was working as Joint Secretary in Union Ministry of Commerce from the past two years.
About Guruprasad Mohapatra
- He is a 1986 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer. He is the youngest son of noted litterateur late Mohapatra Nilamani Sahoo from Odisha.
- Earlier he had served in the Sales Tax department of Gujarat as Special Commissioner (Enforcement). He was the Joint MD of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC).
- He also had served as a Commissioner of Commercial Taxes and as the Commissioner of Transport in Gujarat.
- He is an MA in Political Science, MPhil in Diplomacy (International Relation) and also an MBA degree holder. He also had served as Municipal Commissioner of Ahmedabad for over 3 years.
About Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- AAI is statutory body under the aegis of Union Ministry of Civil Aviation. It is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India.
- It also provides Air traffic management (ATM) services over Indian airspace and adjoining oceanic areas.
- AAI manages around 125 airports in India, which include 18 International Airport, 07 Customs Airports, 78 Domestic Airports and 26 Civil Enclaves at Defence airfields.
Categories: Persons in News