K M Hanumantharayappa assumes charge as Chairman of Central Silk Board
K M Hanumantharayappa has assumed charge as the new Chairman of Central Silk Board (CSB), for a period of three years.
He is the 25th Chairman of the Central Silk Board and succeeds N S Bissegowda.
About K M Hanumantharayappa
- KM Hanumantharayappa by profession is a sericulturist and a weaver. He hails from Doddaballapura, a traditional silk weaving cluster in Karnataka.
- He is a senior political leader from BJP. He is the President of Karnataka State Nekarara Horata Samithi.
- Earlier from 2000 to 2002, he had served as a Member to the Central Silk Board. He also had served as Chairman, Karnataka Silk Marketing Board (KSMB) during 2010 to 2013.
- Government of Karnataka has bestowed upon him Best Agriculturist Award.
About Central Silk Board (CSB)
- CSB is a statutory body established under the Central Silk Board Act, 1948.
- It functions under the aegis of Union Ministry of Textile.
- It is a national organization for overall development of silk sector in India.