Harshavardhan Neotia elected as President of FICCI
Harshavardhan Neotia has been elected as the President of industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
He shall have one year term as President i.e. for the year 2016 and presently is serving as Vice President (VP) of FICCI.
He will succeed incumbent FICCI President Jyotsna Suri during the chamber’s AGM in December 2015. Jyotsna Suri is chairperson and Managing Director of Bharat Hotels Ltd.
About Harshavardhan Neotia
- Harshavardhan Neotia is the Chairman of Ambuja Neotia Group which covers wide spectrum of the Real Estate industry including housing, health care, hospitality and education.
- Presently, he is also a member of West Bengal Chief Minister’s Core Committee on Industry and the Rajasthan Chief Minister’s Advisory Council.
- Government of India has conferred Padma Shri on him for his outstanding initiative in social housing.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- FICCI is the largest and oldest apex business organization in India. It is a non-governmental and non-profit organization.
- Establish: 1927
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Mission: To enhance efficiency and global competitiveness of Indian industry. To expand business opportunities both in domestic and foreign markets through a range of specialized services and global linkages.
Categories: Persons in News