Haryana Assembly unanimously passes Reservation Bill
The Haryana Legislative Assembly has unanimously passed the Haryana Backward Classes (Reservation in services and admission in educational institutions) Bill, 2016.
- The bill seeks to provide reservation in services and admission in educational institutions to persons belonging to backward classes including Jats and five other castes.
- The backward classes have been divided into three blocks as Block A, Block B and Block C.
- Jats, Jat Sikhs, Ror, Bishnoi, Tyagi and Mulla/Muslim Jat have been included in the Block C.
- It provides to give 10 percent reservation to these castes for class III and class IV posts and 6% in class 1 and class 2 posts.
- These castes will be given 10 percent reservation for admission in educational institutions.
State Legislative Assembly also passed Haryana Backward Classes Commission Bill, 2016 for institution of a permanent Backward Classes Commission.
Categories: Bills & Acts