Haryana notifies new Communication Infra policy
The Haryana government has notified a new Communication Infra Policy which is aimed at encouraging use of latest technology advancements in the telecom and communication sector.
New Communication Infra Policy
- It will encourage the use of latest technology advancements in the telecom sector such as Fibre to The Home (FTTH) and innovative business models such as the Open Access Network (OAN) where physical access to the network is separated from the delivery of services.
- It intends to bring uniformity in guidelines and parameters for laying telecom and communication infrastructure in the state.
- To ensure communication infrastructure providers stick to various safety standards or norms like radiation norms as envisaged by the Centre.
- To encourage setting up of telecom and communication infrastructure in non-congested areas.
- The policy allows every telecom infrastructure provider registered with the Department of Telecommunications or an infrastructure provider duly authorized by a licensee to lay communication and connectivity infrastructure is eligible to seek permission under it.