Heena Sidhu wins Gold medal at 13th Asian Shooting Championships
Ace Indian shooter, Heena Sidhu has won Gold medal in 10 metre Air Pistol event in women’s category at 13th Asian Shooting Championships held in Kuwait.
In the final match, Heena shot 198.2 score to defeat Gundegma Otreyad of Mongolia who shot 198 winning Silver medal. Jangmi Kim of South Korea won the bronze with a score of 176.2.
Other medal winners at 13th Asian Shooting Championships
- 10m air pistol junior women’s event: Shri Nivetha of India won a gold medal with a score of 195.8. She defeated Shinemurun Nyamdorj of Mongolia (195.4) and Heesun Kim of Korea (174.4) who have won the silver and bronze medals respectively.
- 10M air pistol uouth women’s team event: Indian trio of Harshada Nithave (374), Nayani Bharadwaj (374) and Malaika Goel (365) won the gold medal in this team event. Mongoloia won the silver medal and South Korea won the bronze medal.
- 25m pistol men’s junior event: Shivam Shukla of India won gold medal by shooting a score of 576. Jungwoo Park (575) and Jaekyoon Lee (572) both from South Korea claimed the silver and bronze medals respectively.
- Junior skeet men’s competition: Angad Bajwa of India won the individual gold medal.
- In the team event of this category, Angad Bajwa (121), Anant Naruka (112) and Arjun Mann (114) shot a total score of 347 winning team gold medal.
Categories: Sports Current Affairs 2017