Hero MotoCorp unveiled diesel concept motorcycle
The two-wheeler maker, Hero MotoCorp unveiled a diesel-electric hybrid scooter concept, ‘RNT’, which is probably the world’s first and smallest diesel engine for two-wheelers.
The concept unveiled along with four more products – Leap (hybrid scooter) and 250 cc bike HXR250R are completely new products, while Dash (110cc scooter) and Xtreme Sports (150cc bike) models are based on existing platforms.
- Hero Dash is a Maestro-sized scooter has an 111cc 4-stroke 8.4PS/9.4Nm engine. It has 12-inch tyres and a 6-litre fuel tank. Comes with Hero’s Integrated Braking. Drum brakes on both the ends.
- Hero Leap is a petrol-hybrid has a 3-litre fuel tank. It weighs in at 140kg and will be launched by the next fiscal year.
About RNT 150cc diesel motorcycle
- Has a hub electric motor on the front wheel, which is powered by an electric battery pack to give the rider a unique two wheel drive option for off road and slushy road conditions.
- Features: wide, flat-loading surfaces, multi-use folding side racks, spacious footboards, removable secondary LED headlight and a large, comfortable seat. It comes with an electric drive at front wheel for off-road conditions.
- The bike boasts of a power take-off shaft which can be used to drive a generator or water pump.
Rider can also shut off the rear drive and move on electric power front wheel-drive in towns and cities.