Himachal Pradesh becomes first state to launch green-concept based State Data Centre
Himachal Pradesh became the first state in the country to have a State Data Centre (SDC), designed using green data centre concept.
It was launched by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in Shimla.
- The SDC will offer 101 people-oriented services online through an integrated data base.
- It would integrate the websites of various departments and all services can be accessed through the integrated data base.
- It would help in saving time and money spent on creation of infrastructure as all services would be provided online in digital format thus, giving boost to paperless governance.
- It is first SDC in the country which has been designed using green data centre concept to minimise power requirement and increase power utilisation efficiency.
- SDC would help different state government departments to roll out more government-to-citizen-services. It will also enable people these services from anywhere and anytime.