Himachal’s First Mega Food Park inaugurated in Una
The Union Minister of Food Processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated the Cremica Food Park in Una which is the first mega food park of Himachal Pradesh.
Cremica Food Park
The important features of the Cremica Food Park are:
- The mega food park set up at a cost of Rs 107.34 crore will benefit people of Una district and nearby districts of Kangra, Hamirpur and Bilaspur.
- The Mega Food park provides facilities such as bulk aseptic packaging (24 MT/ hour), Frozen storage (1,000 MT), Deep Freeze, Dry Warehouse, QC Laboratory and other food processing facilities.
- The park has a common administrative block for office and other uses by the entrepreneurs and 3 Primary Processing Centers(PPC) at Solan, Mandi, and Kangra having facilities for primary processing and storage near the farms.
- The mega food park at Una will leverage an additional investment of about Rs 250 crores in 25-30 food processing units in the park and generate a turnover of about Rs 450-500 crore annually
- The mega food park will also provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 persons and benefit about 25,000 farmers.
Mega Food Park Scheme
The Ministry of Food Processing is implementing Mega Food Park Scheme to give a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with a particular focus on perishables.
These mega food parks create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along the value chain from farm to market along with strong forward and backward linkages through a cluster-based approach.