HRD Ministry launches SHREYAS Programme
The Union Minister of Human Resources and Development Prakash Javadekar launched the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS) programme to provide industry-specific apprenticeship opportunities to fresh graduates.
- SHREYAS is a programme basket comprising of three initiatives of the HRD, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- SHREYAS focussed towards students primarily from non-technical courses will introduce employable skills into their learning, promote apprenticeship as integral to education and also amalgamate employment facilitating efforts of the government into the education system.
- SHREYAS will provide a platform wherein educational institutions and industry would log in and provide their respective demand and supply of apprenticeship.
- The programme promotes apprenticeship as an important part of education and integrates the government’s employment building efforts into the education system.
- These apprenticeship courses will be available to them from academic year April-May, 2019.
SHREYAS is a major effort in the direction to make degree students more skilled, capable, employable and aligned to the needs of our economy so that they contribute to country’s progress and also obtain gainful employment.
Categories: Government Schemes in India
Tags: Apprenticeship Training • Ministry of Human Resource and Development • Ministry of Labour and Employment • Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills